Sunday, April 3, 2011

Derek Jeter


Derek Jeter


Derek Jeter


Here’s what the 36-year-old Yankees shortstop had to share with the mag:

On his own future: "I haven't met a person who can change what's happened in the past, and I haven't met a person who can tell the future..."

On the secret to his success: “My parents always told me, ‘There’s always going to be someone that’s better.’ But there’s no reason why someone should outwork you. That’s just an excuse.”

On his off-season contract saga: "I always said I wasn't going to talk about it. I didn't talk about it. I addressed it one time in the press conference, and I won't bring it up again. In my mind, it's over with, it's done with. That's how I've always been, and that's how I'll always be. I think when things linger, that's when they become a distraction. I don't want any distractions."

Derek Jeter


Derek Jeter

Photos: Terry Richardson/GQ //



No comments:

Post a Comment